Who we are
The HealthyFam Family
HealthyFam is a not-for-profit organization founded by chef and restaurateur Julia Hanna. Julia’s mission is to educate children, seniors and families on the benefits of healthy eating by providing experiential learning programs. These programs offer exciting, educational, and inspirational events for children and those committed to their health and happiness.
Through creative cooking sessions that will entertain, educate, and enlighten, children will be taught that it is possible to enjoy food that is both nutritious and delicious. They will learn how to cook, and discover that taste doesn’t need to be sacrificed for nutrition. All of their senses will be engaged in a hands-on learning environment.
What we do
Children, Seniors and Families learn that purchasing fresh local food – which has not been transported long distances – has a positive impact on reducing greenhouse gases, heightening their environmental awareness. They will also learn that what is good for the environment is good for the local economy.
Equipped with this new knowledge, they will gain the wisdom to make intelligent choices on what and how they eat. Through HealthyFam, they will learn significant life lessons that will have positive, long-lasting effects on their health and relationships with others.
HealthyFam has an advisory board of experienced and knowledgeable individuals who will ensure that the program is directed towards those who are in need of it most. All of the money raised for the Kids Culinary Community goes directly into the program.
- 2013 -
- Kids Culinary Community expands and officially relaunches as HeathyFam
- 2012 -
- Kids Culinary Community reaches peak efficiency – more people need to be reached, and fast.
- Before -
- More to come
We may be looking for you
If you’re a chef, a fitness effort, a teacher, a potential sponsor… we are always on the lookout for talented people who want to help spread the word about becoming a healther family.
Please get in touch at your earliest convenience, and we’ll figure out if there’s an opportunity for you to join our fam.Contact Us
The HealthyFam Team
- “Family is whoever sits around the dinner table” Julia Hanna’s lifelong philosophy has always been...
- With the expansion of our program, we are now incorporating fitness into our curriculum. Justin...
- Maria’s passion for food has led her to be part of the food industry...
- Michael has been in the hospitality industry for 28 years. He has worked as an...
- A graduate of the George Brown Culinary Management program, Carl Dahl has been immersed in...
Board of Directors
- Aboriginal recording artist and motivational speaker
Lorraine Green – Retired Owner of
Lorraine’s Pantry and At Lorraine’s Table
- Former Mayor of Oakville
- Principle, People at Peace, R.N., E.C.E.
Sandra Saville, RD
- Registered Dietitian and Nutrition Consultant
- Treasurer, Oakville Chamber of Commerce
- Melrose Investments, General Manager
- Longo’s Spokesperson
Dr. Bob Nosal
- Halton Commissioner/Medical Officer of Health
- Niagara College, President