Last week we gathered in the garden with some of our graduates from HealthyFam. We had a wonderful meal together and we’re able to pick fresh vegetables and herbs from the garden to use in our dishes. Here is a simple recipe for summer using fresh basil! Enjoy!
Below are some pictures of the night.
The wonderful group!
Alex and Chef Maria- Alex loved the fresh green beans
Zingy Pineapple with basil and lime
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil leaves, plus extra for decorating
- 1 whole pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into sticks
- Place the lime rind and juice in a bowl and stir in the sugar and basil. Let the mixture marinate for 5 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved to form a syrup.
Arrange the pineapple sticks on a large serving plate and drizzle with some of the lime-and-basil syrup. Put any remaining syrup in a little bowl for